So, you have a Cisco router and you want to make some changes in your wireless/wired network settings. We’ll tell you how to access your Cisco router’s login page so that you can make the changes according to your wish. Who does not want to secure his internet connection? Maybe no one. The login panel of your router allows you to make necessary changes for your router, whether it is general settings or security settings.
The main settings that a user changes are usually one of these: IP QoS, network management, DNS, Proxy, LAN, WAN, security options, WLAN settings, DSL, PPPoE, MAC, WPS, and DHCP client as per the requirement of your ISP.
Also Read: Wireless Router Login Guide
Default IP Address For Cisco Router:
Generally, all the router’s have an IP address. Clearly, your router would have one too. In most of the routers, 192.168.15.1 is the default IP address of a Cisco router.
However, the IP address can be changed as per your wish. You can change the IP address of your router by following the given steps.
- By using the CD provided to you during your wireless router’s setup.
- Using the web-based login panel of your router. We will discuss accessing the login panel of your router below.
Steps for IP Address Recovery:
If you have changed your router’s IP address and can’t recall what you altered it to, follow the given steps to know or reset your router’s IP address.
- If you have changed your IP address, you can revert it to default anytime. You only have to do one short thing. Just press the RESET button on the back of your router for 30 seconds. That would set your router’s IP address as default i.e. 192.168.15.1.
Note: This step will erase all the settings you made to your router and will set up the settings to default.
- Check your router’s IP address by using the Disk provided to you OR you can always contact your service provider if you want to.
How to Login to Cisco Router: Setup Procedure
Now, we will discuss how you can access your router’s login panel and change the settings you want to. But, before that make sure that your router is powered ON and you have a direct connection to your network i.e router.
- First of all, you will need an Internet Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Type your router’s IP address in the URL section of your browser. (Note: 192.168.15.1 is the default IP address for most of the routers).
- You will be directed to a login screen with an empty field for entering the Username and Password. If you have default settings for your router, you can enter “admin” as your router’s Username and Password. That is Username: admin and Password: admin.
- Click Ok.
- You will be taken to your router’s login panel. Here, you will find options to make changes and set up your router as per your wish.
You can also change your router’s Username and Password by logging in to your router and then making the necessary changes to your administrative details.