After we buy a new router, we need to set up and log in to that branded router in order to access the internet and Wi-Fi using it. As because the router itself cannot automatically setup into your broadband connection, you need to set it up using its default IP address and by accessing its web interface using its default username and password to modify the changes according to your broadband connection into that router.
In this article, we will talk about the Linksys router and setting it up, along with login into the broadband connection which you are using. Some of you might be wondering that if you are using different Linksys routers then the Default IP address and the username password might be different from other Linksys router models. But usually, the same branded router has the same IP address and username and password.
You can even search on the internet about other brands’ IP addresses and username and password for more details. We have provided the complete guide to successfully set up and log in to Linksys routers. Head down to the guide section of this article and follow the steps below.
Steps for Setup & Login of Linksys Routers:
Use the following guide to successfully set up in login Linksys routers. This type is basically applicable for any brands of router, but the default IP address and username and password might be different from the Linksys routers. You just need to replace the default IP address and username and password in order to make the steps for cable for other branded routers.
- First, you need to connector adaptor of the Linksys router to the power and also connect LAN cable into the router.
- Now connect the WAN of the router with your desktop or laptop.
- Now open any web browser in your PC and type in this default IP address of the Linksys router by entering this IP address in the address bar of your internet browser http://192.168.1.1
- Now you will be prompted to enter the username and password in order to access the Linksys router web interface in your internet browser of your PC.
- Now enter the default username and password of the Linksys router into the prompt box and click on the ok button to continue.
- Once you enter the correct username and password you get to enter the web interface of the Linksys router.
- Download down this following DNS and input it in the following sequence.
- In the empty boxes beside the static DNS 1, input this following 188.8.131.52
- On the static DNS 2, input this following 184.108.40.206
- Input this following in the static DNS 3, 220.127.116.11
- And finally input this following in the static DNS 4, 18.104.22.168
- Now click on the save settings button to confirm your DNS settings of the Linksys router.
- Now you can input the IP address of your broadband connection before clicking on the save settings button to configure it completely.
- Now the Linksys router set up and login is successful, you can now use the Wi-Fi connection by using your Linksys router.
Also Read: 192.168.1.254 IP
We have researched on the official website of the Linksys router and provided the following information to you in this article. We have also provided the complete guide to successfully setup and login into the web interface of the Linksys router. Share this article with other Linksys router users, so that they can also set up and configure router themselves without any professional help.